- SMART 2020: Enabling the Low Carbon Economy
- EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres
- National Carbon Offset Standard
ICT Sustainability is about how to assess, and reduce, the carbon footprint and materials used with computers and telecommunications. These are the notes for an award winning graduate course on strategies for reducing the environmental impact of computers and how to use the Internet to make business more energy efficient.
Copyright © Tom Worthington, 2018
Cover shows Power on-off symbol: line within a circle (IEC 60417-5010).
Latest version of materials available free on-line, under at Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license at http://www.tomw.net.au/ict_sustainability/
Previous edition, 2017:
Editions of these notes have been used for the courses:
- ICT Sustainability (COMP7310), in the Graduate Studies Select program, Australian National University (first run July 2009), and
- Green ICT Strategies (COMP 635), Athabasca University (Canada). Adapted for North America by Brian Stewart.
- Green Technology Strategies: offered in the Computer Professional Education Program, Australian Computer Society (first run as "Green ICT Strategies" in February 2009),